Broome County Council of Churches Administrative/Finance Assistant in Binghamton, New York
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Under general supervision, maintains a high standard of performance in all phases of reception and finance responsibilities. Greets visitors, volunteers and personnel in a pleasant and professional manner to exemplify the standards of the Broome County Council of Churches.
• Answers phone calls and provides accurate information to caller. When necessary routes the caller to the appropriate department.
• Greets visitors, staff and others in a professional and courteous manner, addressing their needs or directing them to the appropriate department or person.
• Maintains and orders all office supplies and meeting room/kitchen supplies.
• Assists in office bulk mailings.
• Copies all daily donations for use by the Finance Department. Makes additional copies for Executive Director and/or Program Director as needed.
• Assists in coding and entering Accounts Payable invoices.
• Assists Director of Finance and HR in areas of general accounting.
• Processes recurring monthly credit card donations.
• Applies for quarterly fuel sales tax refund.
• On a monthly basis, processes postage and copier usage and enter journal entry into Financial Edge.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Requires high school diploma or GED.
• Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills with the ability to operate a multi-line telephone console.
• Must be well organized and able to multitask.
• Good oral and written communication skills necessary.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft products, including Outlook.
• Knowledge of general accounting principles and familiarity with accounts payable.
• Experience with merging files preferred.
• Needs to be able to work in a team environment and demonstrate flexibility, adaptability and dependability.
• Needs to be able to cope with stressors and demands that are associated with the job and/or the work environment so that acceptable and defined levels of performance are maintained.