Security Mutual Life Insurance Associate Claims Examiner in Binghamton, New York
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: This position is responsible for developing proficiency in the handling of the claim process for assigned claims.
• Confirm that submitted claims have been properly submitted and meet eligibility requirements.
• Handle incoming phone calls and respond accordingly, assisting callers in understanding claims requirements and decisions.
• Process claims through system for payment or denial.
• Create new claims files and put claims data and payments into systems as necessary.
• Assist with claims account reconciliation as needed.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• 2-3 years of experience in claims or accounting.
• 1-2 years of experience in a life insurance environment preferred.
• Customer service experience.
• Familiarity with medical terminology and Company products strongly preferred.
• Basic proficiency with Microsoft Word.
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize and organize a heavy workload.
• Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Associate’s Degree in Business or related field of study Required.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Relocation assistance is not available for this position
Security Mutual is an Equal Opportunity Employer