Security Mutual Life Insurance Customer Service Representative in Binghamton, New York
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The purpose of this position is to field incoming customer and agent service calls, as well as processing phone payments and completing outgoing collection calls.
• Support resolution of incoming calls by answering questions and performing research as necessary.
• Process manual premium payments and other service requests while remaining PCI compliant when handling debit card calls.
• Process loans by phone at callers request.
• Process all billing requests, which could include account number changes, mode changes, premium letters, refund requests, premium histories, mailing EFT forms, etc.
• Complete follow-up calls to request missing items and for funds needed to bring policies up to date.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Customer Care.
• Minimum of 1 year of accounting experience preferred.
• Experience in an insurance industry or call center environment.
• Fluency in Spanish a plus.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent data entry skills.
• Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize and organize a heavy workload.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule with occasional overtime.
EDUCATION REQUIRED: Associate’s Degree in Business or related field.