Maines Paper & Food Service Driver Check In Clerk - Desk in Conklin, New York
Maines Paper & Food Service is seeking a Driver Check-In clerk to be responsible for efficiently checking in delivery routes. The role also consists of checking all paperwork for accuracy and reconciling returned product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurately count and verify all cash submitted by drivers and review against the collection sheet
- Proof checks received by drivers against the collection sheet.
- Enter credits into computer system in order to properly correct all alterations to the original delivery invoices.
- Separate and scan invoices from deliveries.
- Properly assess the accuracy of our driver paperwork regarding products that were short or refused by customers during delivery routes.
- Work in conjunction with the staff in the warehouse and transportation to reduce "shrink."
- Work with customer service and AR to research credit issues.
- Maintain strong relationships with driver to lead a cooperative approach to correcting any encountered errors.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Many of the activities listed above need to be done in between driver arrivals; therefore this person needs to have strong time management skills and be self-driven.
Strong communication skills and the ability to develop strong relationships. Highly organized with ability to proof documents and resolve data entry issues. Ability to work collaboratively with team members. Good computer skills including MS Office (Excel, Work, Outlook), SAP, and AS400.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma with a minimum of three (3) months of related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled