Maines Paper & Food Service Forklift Operator in Conklin, New York
Maines Paper & Food Service is seeking Forklift Operators who are responsible for operating power equipment to move, locate, relocate, stack, load, unload, pick, and count merchandise while holding accountability for the safe and efficient operation of the forklift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a forklift.
- Put-a-way of received product.
- Replenishment of pick slots, in areas assigned.
- Follow safety/sanitation methods of procedures set in operations.
- Correct and accurate rotation of product by specified dates.
- Operation of other equipment as required.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures.
- Wear required personal protective equipment.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma with a minimum of three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS: Forklift Operator certification required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Shifts can range anywhere from 6 to 16 hours. Sundays are at least a 10-hour shift. Please note - every shift that we are hiring for requires Sunday work. Work overtime and holidays as assigned and can be mandatory.
This is a smoke free facility. You are only allowed to smoke during your lunch at which time you are off the clock and able to leave the company grounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled