Universal Instruments Corporation Manufacturing Engineer in Conklin, New York
The Manufacturing Engineer supports New Product Introduction and improves factory operations. This is accomplished by developing or improving manufacturing processes, work instructions and tooling, resolving material and workmanship issues, updating factory layout, and planning future improvements. The engineer has significant cross-functional interactions with Production, Engineering, Quality and other corporate units to ensure timely issue resolution and excellent project performance.
Principal Accountabilities (Functional)
- Supports resolution of production issues through verifying the situation, classifying the problem, assigning resolution to the correct team (Engineering, Supplier Quality, Manufacturing Engineering, etc.), and driving for timely completion of corrective actions.
- Executes aspects of the corporate product development and New Product Introduction processes. This can include serving on or managing teams responsible for deliverables according to the master project plan. Team members will be drawn from Manufacturing Engineering, Production Teams and other groups.
- Develops and improves production work instructions, tools, fixtures and process flows to achieve and deliver required quality and productivity standards.
- Designs and develops effective and efficient manufacturing processes for production operations to align with and support the top level corporate metrics of product quality, delivery to commitment and total production cost.
- Manages the production infrastructure to meet current and forecast business levels. This includes tools, fixtures, floor space, material location and storage, MRP system usage, and data collection and storage to optimize process and create robust argument for change.
- Collects and analyzes data related to operations metrics to define and drive higher performance. These need to align with and support the top level corporate metrics of product quality, delivery to commitment and total production cost.
- Produces technical justifications and specifications for new layouts of equipment, work flow, assembly methods and work force utilization.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline and 0-10 years of related experience, preferably in a capital equipment manufacturing environment.
- Experience with SAP or other MRP systems and their use.
- Previous project management experience.
- Experience in ISO certified production environment.
- Lean, Six Sigma, & Solidworks.
- Requires the ability to use a computer on a frequent basis.
- Requires the ability to communicate clearly in giving presentations.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with fellow workers.
Employment Type: Full-time Regular
Posted On: 06/15/2017
Requisition ID: 1196