Maines Paper & Food Service Produce Quality Assurance Inspector in Conklin, New York
Maines Paper & Food Service is seeking a Produce Quality Assurance Inspector to count, measure, and/or weigh articles to verify contents of shipments against bills of lading, invoices, or storage receipts. This position is also responsible for the oversight of product review to ensure that all produce received or let down meets the quality expectation. This is a third shift position starting between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Inspects in bound shipments for quality, condition, counts, weights, reporting any deviations from normal quality / condition to the produce department.
- Retrieving let downs for Selection
- Temp produce product upon receiving with temperature probes to guarantee product was held at correct temperature for food safety
- Ensure all food safety procedures are being followed.
- Temp inbound product for food safety.
- Inspect pallet for any sign of infestation.
- Check produce inventory daily for quality and condition.
- Report all distressed and potentially distressed produce to the produce office.
- Complete limited selective item inventory of perishable product daily.
- Check all returns and determine disposition, e.g. return to stock, dump
- Oversee production of Split/Breaker packs
- See that damaged product is recouped daily, e.g. broken bag, torn boxes, etc.
- Oversee/Assist occasional running of substandard products.
- Putting away product from the dock
- Receiving in product, printing stickers, scheduling PO's (if needed), taking pictures for quality assurance
- Processing all Produce returns and determining that the quality meets or exceeds the expectations to return to inventory
- Utilizing the VNA to quality check reserve slots in the air at least twice per week
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operation and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to complete routine reports and correspondence and to speak effectively to clients, customers or employees. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Must be conscientious, diplomatic, and detail-oriented. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations (e.g., customer complaints, time pressures). Experience with forklift operation or other power equipment preferred.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of one (1) year related produce experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENCES, REGISTRATIONS: Forklift Operators Certificate preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to twist, bend, squat, kneel and is occasionally required to stoop, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Must be able to be lifted more than 40 feet in the air. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled