Maines Paper & Food Service Warehouse Associate - Conklin, NY in Conklin, New York
Maines Paper & Food Service is a leading foodservice distributor that is seeking Warehouse Associates to join their team! Warehouse Associates can be hired as Selectors, Receivers, Loaders or Forklift Operators. All positions require working in the safest manner possible and keeping the Warehouse clean.
- Prepare customer orders for shipment, including lifting 25-100 lbs product cases, building orders and driving pallet jacks.
- Use of a scanner to select correct cases.
- Must maintain a competitive average throughput.
- Receive in and check for accuracy inventory from vendors.
- Unload trucks using pallet jacks.
- Count pallets/cases to verify contents for shipments against bills of lading, invoices, or storage receipts.
- Load product onto trailers after pallet is verified, counted and wrapped.
- Responsible for the safety of the outbound loads.
- Operation of a forklift to move palletized product through the Warehouse.
- Responsible for put away and replenishing pick slots.
1st Shift: starts between 4 a.m. and 5 a.m. and goes until the work is complete
2nd Shift: starts between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. and goes until the work is complete
3rd Shift: starts between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. and goes until the work is complete
Overtime and Holiday work is mandatory. Start times can change depending on business demands.
- Must be able to continuously lift up to 70lbs. and handle physically demanding manual work.
- Must be able to read and understand English.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, physical and background check.
- Strong communication skills and work ethic.
- Good customer service skills and a sense of urgency.
- Able to withstand changing climates (temperatures range from 85 degrees in the Dry area to -20 degrees in the Freezer area).
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled