Maines Paper & Food Service Warehouse Shipping Clerk in Conklin, New York
Maines Paper & Food Service is seeking a Warehouse Shipping Clerk to maintain the accuracy of records concerned with warehouse shipping.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enters, verifies and adjusts company specific units of work.
- Makes load map copies and putting them with their trips.
- Hands out load sheets to loaders and tracks the progress of each load on Power Warehouse Utilities.
- Tracks the temperature of the trailer as it is loading with Excel.
- Folds National units of work to be handed out to selectors.
- Possible route progress during selection
- Reprints and closes out units of work using AS400.
- Zeros out items if out of stock.
- Works with supervisors to insure that all work orders are selected and able to be closed out for efficient invoicing.
- Makes sure all invoices are brought to Transportation in a timely matter for departure.
- Cleans Thermal Printers and making sure they are continually working properly.
- Files trailer seal sheets.
- Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be highly organized with strong attention to accuracy and timeliness. Strong data entry skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with various personnel in a manner that leads to a co-operative approach to correcting the errors that are encountered. Strong computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, SAP and Power Warehouse Utilities.)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with a minimum of three (3) months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands and fingers, handle objects or controls, talk and hear, stand, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled