Maines Paper & Food Service Yard Jockey- Conklin, NY shift - CDL A required in Conklin, New York
The Yard Driver moves trailers from door to door for loading and unloading.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for ensuring correct trailer in designated door for loading and proper hook up between designated tractor and trailer.
- Place outbound trailer/truck to assigned loading dock.
- Set temperature on thermo king unit as required.
- Hook assigned tractor to trailer according to daily schedule.
- Communicate with supervisor on all changes due to equipment breakdown and/or availability.
- Communicate with Receiving Supervisor on unloading sequence of backhauls.
- Communicate with maintenance garage on equipment schedule for inspection lane.
- Coordinate equipment hook up.
- As weather requires, park equipment at heater outlets as required.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to operate company vehicles in a variety of different weather conditions. Must possess ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to other employees of the organization. Ability to work independently. Good computer skills including MS Office (excel, word, outlook). Ability to properly operate a vehicle.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma with a minimum of one (1) year of CDL driving or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
CDL A license required.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled