ENSCO Avionics, Inc. EMI Engineer in Endicott, New York
Job Description Do you have three years of work experience in EMI/EMC Engineering? Are you interested in working on a design team for the development and verification of equipment and systems in the commercial and defense aerospace and ground vehicle propulsion electronics businesses? This is a hands-on position with ENSCO Avionics working to MIL-STD-461 and DO-160 standards. Initial work will include requirements through design of EMI test environments for flight and engine control systems and Hybrid power and drive systems with continued development through build and integration stages of the project. Responsibilities range from design to lead activities including requirements analysis, test environment design, creating test plans, test reports, test support, post analysis, and final report generation. Throughout the cycle the position will utilize industry best practice systems engineering and development processes and will consider both the business and the technical needs of the end user with the goal of providing a quality product that satisfies those needs. Position will be an integral part of a diverse development team and must be willing to perform at whatever level is needed to complete the task. If you're ready for your career to soar to new heights, click the "Submit to Job" button now and join the ENSCO Avionics crew!
Qualifications Required (Skills)
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
* Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
* Experience with MIL-STD-461 and DO-160 EMI/EMC testing standards for creating EMI test plans, procedures, and systems design documents for military and commercial applications
* Experience applying EMI testing standards to work with electrical equipment design teams to proactively guide designs during development process to ensure a positive EMI test result
* Experience with EMI Emissions, Susceptibility, and Lightning including requirements analysis, test environment setup, test planning and execution, evaluation of test results, and final report generation
* Experience with EMI Laboratory equipment types and applications
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, and Visio for creating EMI test plans, procedures, reports and associated program documentation
* Excellent interpersonal skills including working in team environments
* Excellent verbal communication skills - must be able to communicate effectively in teleconferences with suppliers, clients and colleagues
* Must be a U.S. Citizen
General Education/Years of Experience
BS or equiv; min 3 yrs relevant exp
Security Clearance Level
Drug Screen Type
Export Control and Licensing
Background Check Type
* Experience with TILE! software as an integrated test environment for creating and performing EMI tests
* iNARTE certification
* Circuit Design, Schematic Design, or Board level Electrical Design experience
* Experience in Test Equipment Design for use in EMI testing
* Configuration Management experience including Synergy, Razor, and Windchill
* Script generation experience
For more than 30 years, ENSCO Avionics has developed sophisticated airborne systems for the aerospace industry to meet DO-178C, DO-254, DO-278A, and military standards for manned and unmanned systems. ENSCO Avionics focus is on safety- and mission-critical software and programmable hardware engineering solutions, custom display development, tailored synthetic vision applications, integration test solutions, and the IData Tool Suite. ENSCO Avionics, based in Endicott, N.Y., is a wholly owned subsidiary of ENSCO, Inc. www.ensco.com/avionics.
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
Employer's Job# 1121BR
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.