United Methodist Homes - New York RN (Unit Manager) in Johnson City, New York
United Methodist Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.
United Methodist Homes is seeking an Unit Manager - RN. The Unit Manager - RN Coordinates the interdisciplinary 24-hour plan of care for each resident on the unit based on the comprehensive assessment. Ensure that individualized goals and appropriate interventions are developed for each resident to strive for achievement of each resident’s optimal quality of care and quality of life. Direct the overall functioning of the nursing unit, including fiscal management, environmental oversight, and staff oversight. Ensure implementation of facility policies and procedures.
Hours: 8:30 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday, rotating on-call
· Ensure timely and accurate completion of nursing department data collection, assessments and documentation.
· Ensure completion of the interdisciplinary assessment, care planning for each resident on the unit.
· Establish and maintain effective communication with the shift supervisors and nursing staff on evening and night shifts to ensure continuity and follow-through of unit goals and approaches.
· Establish and maintain effective communication and collaboration with inter-departmental personnel.
· Receive daily report of the residents’ status and provide report to the oncoming Nursing Supervisor regarding any pertinent resident and staff issues.
· Perform resident assessments as needed.
· Assist with the interpretation of data and nursing assessments and take appropriate action.
· Ensure that the resident care plan is revised as needed.
· Ensure adequate communication of changes in resident condition.
· Ensure scheduled MDS assessment and documentation is completed accurately and timely in the EMR as assigned.
· Ensure that equipment and supplies are used in a cost-effective manner.
· Ensure that the unit environment is safe, orderly, and in compliance with infection control policies and procedures.
· Hold monthly unit staff meetings to encourage optimal communication.
· Complete employee performance evaluations within required time frames.
· Perform employee coaching, counseling, and disciplinary actions as required.
· Function as Nursing Supervisor and/ or Unit Charge Nurse as required.
· Document information in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided to the resident, as well as the resident’s response to the care.
· Intermittently monitor medication administration and nursing treatment procedures.
· Intermittently monitor the residents’ dining experience to determine resident feeding assistance needs, adaptive equipment/positioning needs, meal service adequacy, etc.
· Recommend needed educational / professional development programs and assist in providing in-service education as needed.
· Ensure confidentiality of protected health information in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· Ensure that resident confidentiality, privacy, and dignity are respected in accordance with residents’ rights.
· Report, investigate, and take corrective action for occupational exposures to blood, other potentially infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· Report, investigate and take corrective action for discrepancies concerning physician’s orders, medication / nursing treatment errors, documentation concerns, etc.
· Report/investigate all allegations of resident abuse, neglect, and misappropriation of resident property in accordance with established policies and procedures.
· Review and/or complete all appropriate documentation with regard to resident, employee and visitor accidents/incidents. Notify all appropriate individuals and take appropriate corrective action.
· Respond to all resident, family, visitor and staff complaints and grievances in a timely and appropriate manner. Document all investigations and communicate information to Nursing Administration.
· Complete MDS assessment and document in the EMR (electronic medical records) according to MDS schedule and as assigned.
· Follow all personnel policies as outlined in Employee Handbook and Nursing Services section of Policy and Procedure Manual.
· Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in nursing.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of residents and/or family members or employees of organization.
· Must possess an active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of New York.
· Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the job
External Company URL: www.umhwc.org