U.S. Army Reserve Command USAR UNIT ADMINISTRATIVE TECHNICIAN in New Windsor, New York
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This is a military technician position with the US Army Reserves. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is located at: 412th Engineering Command, Headquarters and Headquarters Company, 411th Engineering Brigade in New Windsor, New York
Description of the Working Environment: Work is performed in an office setting.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
Performing administrative, clerical, and supply functions
Preparing and processing military personnel and pay actions
Maintaining personnel records
Reviewing incoming correspondence
Preparing correspondence, reports, payroll, and training schedules
Answering questions on military procedures, such as enlistment, transfers, promotions, and unit vacancies
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 5%.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- This position requires membership in the US Army Reserve (USAR).
- This position requires a Personnel Security Investigation.
- This position is subject to the Lautenberg Amendment.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: demonstrating experience with preparing correspondence, personnel actions, supply documents, payroll forms, attendance reports, training schedules, or assisting others in performance of administrative or clerical functions. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-04). Education Substitution: Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience above in order to qualify. For this job, you may qualify if your education meets the definitions below: GS-5:
1) Qualifying based on education alone: Education may be substituted for specialized experience with 4 years (120 semester hours) of education above high school.
2) Qualifying based on a combination of education and specialized experience: A combination of education and specialized experience may be used to qualify for this position as long as the computed percentage of the requirements is at least 100%. To compute the percentage of the requirements, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of undergraduate education in excess of 2 years (60 semester hours) by 60. Add the 2 percentages. Note: For the purpose of qualifications, 1 full year of undergraduate education is equivalent to 30 semester hours.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:
- Computer Skills
- Customer Service
- Personnel Action Processing and Recordkeeping
- Planning and Evaluating
- Written Communication
Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the Department of Education are acceptable to meet positive education requirements or to substitute education for experience. For additional information, please go to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and U.S. Department of Education websites at - http://www.opm.gov/qualifications and http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html
Foreign education must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency in order to be considered for this position. Please submit your foreign education evaluation with your application.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 51 position.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- This position is a temporary position and may be extended in one year increments up to a maximum of three years.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/474324600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-07-15 to 2017-07-28
Salary: $37,457 to $48,700 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 5
Series: 0303 Miscellaneous Clerk And Assistant
Appointment type: Temporary - 1 year
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: NCDE171578687380D
Control number: 474324600