Meadowlands Racing and Entertainment (NJ) & Tioga Downs Casino (NY) Restaurant Manager- P.J. Clarke's in Nichols, New York
Responsible for the day to day operations of P.J. Clarke’s at Tioga Downs’ Food and Beverage Operations, ensuring maximum guest service and satisfaction by coordinating the efforts of all food and beverage staff. Assists in ensuring high quality food and beverage products and high standards of service. Assists achieving a safe and clean environment that is in compliance with all local, state and Federal health codes.
• Provide excellent guest service to both internal and external guests.
• Actively supports the company culture of creating a fun and entertaining experience for internal and external guests.
• Oversees day to day operations of P.J Clarke’s at Tioga Downs.
• Responsible for complying with all food and beverage health, liquor and safety regulations, as well as all federal, state and local applicable laws. Assists Director of Food and Beverage, Room Chef and Executive Chef in developing, implementing and inspecting the results of cleaning and sanitation initiatives in all food and beverage areas.
• Responsible for the coaching, evaluating and training of F&B Associates in compliance with all customer service standards.
• Achieves high levels of Associate morale and open, honest two-way communication with F&B Associates.
• Continually collaborates with P.J. Clarke’s at Tioga Downs’ Room Chef and Sous Chef to provide consistently excellent food quality.
• Ensures Clarke’s food and beverage operations are run in a smooth, efficient and friendly manner to ensure guest satisfaction.
• Assists in the recruiting, hiring and training of well qualified staff in all F&B areas in accordance with local, state and federal laws.
• Maximizes cost effectiveness within the department, by ensuring compliance with established budget, labor and revenue benchmarks. Is able to effectively present financial information to ARE Management and Ownership.
• Provides timely and objective feedback to guests when they express concerns about food and beverage operations.
• Creates comprehensive employee training programs based on operational needs for one or more restaurants.
• Oversees the preparation of performance appraisals for front of house restaurant staff. Approves performance appraisals for back of house restaurant staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Directly supervises F&B Supervisors, and may supervise other staff as mandated by the Director of Food and Beverage. Carries out managerial responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, objectives and applicable laws.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Restaurant Management preferred. Three to four years Restaurant Manager experience required. Must be experienced in upscale pub cuisine, including high-end steaks and fresh seafood, including shellfish.
Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The Associate frequently is required to stand and walk.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. +
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an Associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
This position will require occasional travel and occasional extended stays out of town in order to learn new restaurant concepts.
External Company Name: Meadowlands Racing, LLC
External Company URL: http://newmracing.com/