Elderwood Administrative Services Certified Nursing Assistant in Waverly, New York
Requisition ID 2017-1504
# of Openings 5
Posted Date 5/22/2017
Area of Interest Nursing
Location Elderwood at Waverly
Position Type Regular Part-Time
Certified nursing assistants provide personal and nursing care to meet the physical and emotional needs of residents in Elderwood skilled nursing facilities. They are under the direction of a licensed nurse. State specific certification is required.Part Time EveningsResponsibilities
- Direct and monitor the personal care duties carried out by Nursing Assistants of an assigned team.
- Report to Charge Nurse unusual symptoms, daily needs and progress of residents.
- Notify Charge Nurse of changes in residents' conditions or needs
- Follow the Profile of Care for each resident and monitor the performance of the Nursing Assistants in carrying out the appropriate aspects of the care plan.
- Responsible for responding immediately to residents' requests.
- Assist residents with the following Activities of Daily Living (ADL), according to their plan of care and individual needs.
- Eighteen (18) years of age required; high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Registration in the State Nurse Aide Registry is required. Active on the State Nursing Aide Registry with no findings or convictions of resident abuse, mistreatment or misappropriation of property.
- Training and work experience in a geriatric setting preferred.
- Ability to supervise and work well with other personnel
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Caring and respectful attitude towards residents
- Physical stamina for constant activity required.
- Ability to perform tasks to established standards of excellence required.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.